I’ve got some good news for Box fans. Many people showed interest when they saw my post comparing Box to Dropbox (read it here) and a subsequent post on why Box was giving away 50GB free for life (read it here). Well as it turns out, Box is at it again and running several promotions involving free cloud storage.
This time the promotion is targeted toward varoious platform users (iOS though). You can see the details from Box below:
- LG phones and tablets: Download Box for Android on your device and sign in to get a 50GB upgrade automatically. Valid through 12/31/13. Get more details.
- Sony Xperia devices: Download Box for Android on your smartphone or tablet and log in to get a 50GB upgrade automatically. Valid through 12/31/13. Get more details.
- HP devices: Anyone that logs in or signs up for an account from the Box for Windows 8 app on any HP Win 8 laptop, desktop, or tablet will receive free lifetime storage upgrades plus Box Sync. 50GB of storage is available on HP ENVY, Spectre, ElitePad 900, or EliteBook Revolve Win 8 devices, or 25GB for all other HP Win8 devices. Valid through 12/31/14. Get more details.
- Dell devices: Any user that logs in or signs up for an account from Box for Windows 8 on any Dell Windows 8 device will receive a free 25GB Box account plus Box Sync. Valid through 11/21/15. Get more details.
- Samsung ATIV Tab: Any user that logs in or signs up for Box from the preloaded Box for Windows 8 app on any Samsung ATIV Tab device will receive a free 50GB Box account. Valid through the end of life for the device. Get more details.
I don’t know if you read this list the same way I did but it kind of looks like another indicator that RIM won’t be around much longer but I digress…
While the promos don’t always work exactly as designed from a self-service standpoint (I’ve had to contact Box multiple times to follow-up on their promotion to invite family and friends), their customer service will take care of you and make sure your account is super-sized.
Happy cloud surfing!